Applications for 2024 Gallery Program are now Closed.
Stay TUNED FOR the 2025 callout.
INVITATION TO ARTISTS
Floating Goose Studios Inc. invites all artists, curators, and collectives to apply to exhibit in our gallery space! Applications will be assessed on the basis of artistic merit and innovative and effective use of the gallery space. Floating Goose Studios Inc. holds monthly exhibitions (4 consecutive weekends).
This application round is for the second six months of 2024 (July to December).
(wall height: 2.7m Main Gallery, 2.4m Back Gallery)
Gallery Fee: $800 Monthly.
We highly encourage artists to apply for funding to help cover these costs and we can assist applicants with this.
If selected, artists will be required to enter into a contract and will be responsible for install, de-install and gallery sitting. The gallery’s regular opening hours are Thursday to Sunday 12pm – 4pm. Additional opening hours can be arranged at the request of the artist. Gallery fees cover the preparation of gallery material. Exhibitions will be promoted by Floating Goose Studios via it’s website and social media. Gallery fees also cover liquor licencing and refreshments for exhibition opening nights. Floating Goose Studios takes a 30% commission on all works sold in the gallery.
All proposals are to be emailed in a single PDF file to email@example.com and are to include:
– up to 150 word PROJECT SUMMARY – a brief, concise outline of the conceptual basis of your proposed project.
– up to 150 word PROJECT DESCRIPTION – a clear outline of the form the work will take, and how it will utilise the gallery space. Please also indicate preferred exhibiting month. Please remember this is a 6 month round. There will be another callout for the second half of 2024.
– One page artist CV.
– SUPPORTING IMAGES/VIDEO
– maximum of 10 .JPEG images (each image under 10MB)
– up to 5 minutes of video or sound (as vimeo/youtube links)
– each image/video MUST be clearly labelled as either PROPOSED ARTWORK / INDICATIVE ARTWORK / PAST ARTWORK
Proposals for the first half of 2024 gallery program are due by JANUARY 15th 2024, MIDNIGHT.